Renting out a house or Room?

If you get money from renting out your house, a room, a caravan or a sleep-out for any time at all – it’s income.

This means you must file a tax return as you may have tax to pay – you may even get a refund. It depends on your other income (e.g salary or wages) and how much tax you’ve paid in the year.

Getting your taxes right is easy. Here’s what you need to know:

read more